Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Decca Delights with Nate Gibson on Back to the Country WORT 89.9FM 7/13/22

Howdy Friends, Tomorrow morning from 9am-noon (CST) I'll be back on the airwaves hosting Back to the Country. It recently occurred to me that I have previously created BTTC shows about RCA Victor, Capitol Records, Columbia Records, and even Mercury Records, but I have yet to do a show that focuses on the fifth major label of the '50s--Decca Records--and all of their amazing country music contributions. UNTIL NOW!


Last week I pulled together a bunch of Decca Records from my collection, cleaned them all up, got them all in their release-appropriate company sleeves, found a box to put them all in, organized them by release number, and I will be bringing that newly organized box of Decca sunshine to the WORT studio tomorrow morning to spin for you my very favorite 45s from the label: Brenda Lee, Sister Rosetta Tharpe, Ernest Tubb, Hank Garland, Kenny Roberts, Hoagy Carmichael, Salty Holmes, Roger Miller, Patsy Cline, June Stearns, Owen Bradley, Chuck Bowers, and so many more!


Tune in via 89.9FM in Southern Wisconsin or stream anywhere from www.wortfm.org

No comments:

Post a Comment