Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Final Kanesville Update (At Least For A Little While)...

Yesterday I took a second jaunt back over to my favorite record shop, Tim Behren’s Kanesville Kollectibles, to take just one more quick look around at everything I missed the last time. I didn’t have as much time as I did the previous go-round, but I did manage to find a few more gems in a yet undiscovered (by me) corner of the shop, including one of my all-time favorite 45s: “Rhythm and Booze” by Corky Jones (aka Buck Owens). Great stuff! One of my favorite things to collect is the one or two-off rockabilly records by strictly country singers and I was mighty happy to find a cheap copy of Buck's classic (thanks again, Tim)! Thrilled I was as well to add several more killer rockabilly, western swing, honky-tonk, and R&B platters to the collection. And in case anyone is not yet convinced that they should take a trip to western Iowa to do some record digging, here’s the short list of 45s I found today in short time and on a short budget…


Corky Jones – Rhythm and Booze / Hot Dog – Pep 45107
Ruth Brown – Hello Little Boy – Atlantic 1027
Clarence White – Tuff and Stringy – Bakersfield International 1003
Billy Gray – Country and Western Dance-O-Rama No. 7 Pt. 1 – Decca 2233 (with cover)
Spade Cooley – Country and Western Dance-O-Rama No. 3 Pt. 2 – Decca 2226 (with cover)
Elvis Presley – Milkcow Blues Boogie – RCA 6382
Dave Stogner – Western Dance in HiFi EP – Decca 2589 (with cover)
Elvis Presley – King Creole EP – RCA 4321
Kelly Gordon – A Phonograph Record – Mercury 72136
Cliffie Stone – Barracuda – Capitol 3131
Marva Whitney – It’s My Thing (You Can’t Tell Me Who To Sock It To) – King 6229
The Olympics – Western Movies – Demon 1508
The Premiers – Farmer John – WB 5443
Barry Martin – Got A Whole Lot of Loving To Do – RCA 7834
Pearl Bailey – I Can’t Rock and Roll to Save My Soul – Mercury 70926
Faron Young – I Can’t Dance – Capitol 3898
The Treniers – Rock’n’Roll Call – Epic 5-9144
Ray Stevens – Jeremiah Peabody’s Poly Unsaturated Quick Dissolving Fast Acting Pleasant Tasting Green and Purple Pills – Mercury 71843
And since I didn’t post many photos of the top floor last time around, here are some recent pictures of the top floor—
another pic of the chaotic 45 room (just because it makes me smile)



the dollar country LP room...



the dollar rock LP room...



and the everything else dollar LP room (impossible to get a good angle of this room that shows everything in here)...



And I’ll add a pic of the first floor jazz section too, just to give y'all a contrast of how well this place is organized on the first floor…



OK. See y'all next time in Council Bluffs, IA!

No comments:

Post a Comment