Tuesday, February 19, 2013

NEW PODCAST: Henry Glassie and his historic Ola Belle Reed Recordings

Photo: Bean Blossom, IN. 2009. Good times had at the Bill Monroe Bean Blossom Bluegrass Music Festival, where Indiana University bluegrass and country music researchers unite! Pictured here L-R: Judy McCullough, Tim Dolan, Tom Adler, Betsy Adler, Pravina Shukla, Henry Glassie, and Nate Gibson. Photo by Mark Miyake.

Today I just found out that my podcast about Henry Glassie and his historic Ola Belle Reed recordings is now live on the Archives of Traditional Music's website. Henry recently deposited his original Pennsylvania field recordings to the ATM and shortly thereafter I had an opportunity to sit down and talk with him about the collection. I had a blast editing and producing this podcast and I hope y'all enjoy hearing it. My sincere thanks to Henry Glassie-- it's really hard to imagine there being a better storyteller alive-- and to Alan Burdette for his patient guidance and wisdom throughout this project! And of course, my thanks to Ola Belle Reed for working with Henry and making these wonderful recordings!

To listen to and/or read the podcast, just follow this link: http://www.indiana.edu/~libarchm/index.php/

My Gennett Records podcast is also available through the same website.



No comments:

Post a Comment