Monday, August 24, 2026

Beer Barrel Polka Gets 8+ Million Listens And I'm Now A Viral Sensation!

This past weekend my nephew Ethan informed me that my version of "Beer Barrel Polka," from our recent Fear the Beer Brewers project, has officially gone viral. I didn't believe him at first, but apparently it's a very popular backing track for "beer-themed" Instagram reels. In terms of views last week, it was second only to some Luke Combs song, and one of those reels alone has more than 8.6 million views! Whoa! Hot damn! Thanks again for the heads up, Ethan!

I couldn't wait to login to distrokid to find out just how much my newfound viral celebrity status paid out. Turns out, it's $1.30 and I have to fill out a W-2 to get it. Not quite what I expected, but maybe Luke Combs will hire Nate Gibson & the Stardazers as his opening act?




No comments:

Post a Comment