Tuesday, December 12, 2023

A Country Christmas on Back to the Country 12/13/23

In a recent conversation with my mother, she asked: “Are there enough country music Christmas songs to fill one of your three-hour shows?” I instantly thought, there’s probably enough to fill a three-thousand hour show, but all I actually said was, “Absolutely! If you’d like to hear it, that’ll be my next theme.” So indeed, tomorrow morning from 9am-noon (CST) on WORT 89.9fm, I’ll share with y’all my first ever Christmas-themed show.

I know everybody has their own personal faves this time of year, but tomorrow morning I’m excited to share mine. Sure, there’ll be a recitation or four, and likely a bunch of Starday tunes, a handful of Cuca 45s for sure, a smattering of Fin-A-Billy, a smidge of Waffle House jukebox hits, some instrumental guitar bliss, some holiday oddities, and even a special Christmas message from my pop, recorded many years ago (which I just set to music this week). Full disclosure, Lola the doggo helped me pick these out, but also, she’s deaf and not the most discerning listener.
If you like what you hear, come on out to the Stoughton Opera House on Thursday night at 5:45pm when Nate Gibson & the Stardazers will perform several of these unique holiday masterpieces as we kick off a Rock’n’Roll Christmas Party with Joel Paterson and JD McPherson!



No comments:

Post a Comment