Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Tomorrow's episode of Back to the Country is all about Dot Records 9/13/23

Howdy Friends, Just a reminder that I'll be back on WORT 89.9fm tomorrow morning from 9-noon (CST) hosting Back to the Country. This week's episode is a showcase for all things Dot Records and I'm super excited to share some of my favorite records with y'all. Sure, Dot is infamous for their watered-down Pat Boone, Johnny Maddox, Billy Vaughn, and Wink Martindale pop covers of rock and roll tunes, but there was SO MUCH MORE to Dot.

First, I want to give thanks to several friends who have recently helped me fill out the Dot box: Val Shively, Mark Lee Allen, Yvan Biamont, Richard Ryan, Jurgen Koop, Tim Behrens, Rocky Kruegel, Charlie Burton, Jim Cates, Paul Solarski, and George Gimarc. I appreciate, y'all! And at the request of my fellow Madison record hound, Jim Lindberger, I thought I'd show off a few of the record labels *inside* the box this time! I won't be able to play them all for you tomorrow morning, but be sure to check out The Billy Malone Story!








No comments:

Post a Comment