Tuesday, July 25, 2023

FinnFest and Nordic Fest This Weekend!

I'm super excited for this upcoming weekend's music and Nordic goodness. On Friday, I'll be joined by Erik Koskinen for a set of Finnish country music tunes at FinnFest in Duluth, MN, where I'll get to sing some of my favorite songs written by Jussi Raittinen, Jussi Syren, Remu Aaltonen, Aikka Hakala, Rami Soini, and others. I'm also excited to be among a team of awesome UW-Madison folklorists interviewing and highlighting Scandinavian and Nordic artists throughout the weekend. It's sure to be an epic event!


Then on Saturday it's off to Nordic Fest in Decorah, IA where I'll be joined by Eric Salisbury, "Spider Mike" Hobson, and Andrew Harrison (aka The Stardazers) for a set of rockin' honky-tonk mayhem ala Jerry Reed, Jimmy Bryant, Joe Maphis, and assorted Starday favorites. Moments later, on the very same stage, I get to join Foot-Notes on upright bass for a set of Scandinavian-American old-time tunes drawn from the fieldwork collections at Mills Music Library! Get ready for some serious two-steps, western swings, bops, jives, strolls, boot scoots, polkas, schottisches, waltzes, butterfly dances, and more!



Good music, good food, good friends, and good times await~Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment