Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Back to the Country: The Trumpet In Country Music

Howdy Friends, I'll be back on the air tomorrow (Wednesday) morning hosting Back to the Country on WORT 89.9 FM from 9am-noon (CST).

Tomorrow's theme is the history of the trumpet in country music and I'll be covering a chronological retrospective of amazing trumpet playing from 1930-present. For sure, there'll be some western swing, some spaghetti western, some Tex-Mex, some rockabilly, some cowboy songs, some country soul, and a whole lot more.

As a trumpet player myself, I consider this show to be my manifesto for the trumpet as the quintessential country music instrument. I'm guessing Hank Penny, Al Dexter, Merle Travis, Tom T. Hall, and Danny Davis already agree with me, but if you need further convincing, please tune in! 89.9 FM in Southern Wisconsin or www.wortfm.org to stream!



No comments:

Post a Comment