Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Country Music Rookie Cards on Back to the Country

When I was a kid I was obsessed with collecting baseball cards. I was constantly re-sorting and cataloging my collection, reading and memorizing the statistics on the cards, and ambitiously hunting for my favorite players' Rookie Cards.

Fast forward many years and I'm pretty much doing the exact same thing, except that these days I collect country music records instead of baseball cards. I'm still constantly re-sorting and cataloging my collection, still memorizing all the statistics on the labels and in the deadwax, and I'm also always hunting for my favorite artists' Rookie Cards, or debut recordings.

Over the past 20 or so years I've found quite a few of them and tomorrow morning (11/10/2021) from 9-noon (CST) I'll be playing my very favorite Country Music Rookie Cards for ya on Back to the Country, WORT 89.9 FM (streaming via wortfm.org or via the WORT app). Hope you can join me!




No comments:

Post a Comment