Howdy friends! Tomorrow I'll again be hosting Back to the Country on WORT FM and, as you likely know, baseball is very much on my mind. The Milwaukee Brewers are in the playoffs and crushing. The Stardazers and I have been playing Brewers-songs-only gigs. I'm still writing new Brewers-themed songs every week. And at work this week I just uncovered what might be the very earliest recording of a Milwaukee Brewers (then American Association minor league) radio broadcast from 1938!
It's been two and a half years since I've done a baseball-themed show so I think it's time again. I'll bring my guitar to the station and sing you some of my new Brewers songs. I just digitized the Brewers 1938 WHA 16" lacquer disc and will play some of my favorite Alan Hale broadcast snippets from it (they were giving out cases of Wisconsin sauerkraut, corn, and green beans to the players if they got specific base hits in certain innings!). I've got lots of great records queued up about baseball. And I'll also play some of my favorite tunes sung by the major league Milwaukee Brewers legends!
Go Baseball! Go Brewers! Go WORT FM! And of course, let's go Back to the Country! It goes down tomorrow morning (10/7) from 9am-noon CST and streaming via the app and web (wortfm.org).
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment