Wednesday, September 4, 2024

New Semester at UW-Madison and Mead Witter School of Music

I'm both super excited and a little bit terrified, but a new semester at UW-Madison begins today and in a few minutes I'll be teaching Intro to Music Cultures of the World.
Back in grad school I took a course from Dr. Mellonee Burnim (UW alum) called Systems of Meaning, which was basically training for how to teach Intro to Ethnomusicology. I wasn't sure if I'd ever have that opportunity, but here we are roughly a decade later and I'm super grateful to have this opportunity.
Many thanks to Dr. Burnim for all the prep, to Dr. Nadia Chana for recommending I take over her class, to the Mead Witter School of Music for letting me design my own course, to the UW-Madison Libraries for letting me take on the overload, to my three fantastic TAs who will be doing all the grading, to all the amazing guest speakers who have committed to join us, and to the nearly 300 students who are already enrolled. AV passcode, check. Mic check. Let's go!



No comments:

Post a Comment