Monday, July 15, 2024

Remembering Al Hawkes & Event Records w/ the Maine Historical Society (7/16/24)

Tomorrow evening (7/16) at 7pm EST (that's 6pm CST) I'll be giving a virtual talk about my friend Al Hawkes and his amazing Event Records label for the Maine Historical Society. I'm super excited and honored by the invitation, as this event ties into their current Music In Maine exhibit (on display through Dec. 2024), and I'll get to share a lot of never-before-seen or -heard Event tidbits.


I feel like I could ramble endlessly about Al and Event Records, but I'm going to do my best to condense the talk to under an hour (including Q&A) and--I think Al would appreciate this part--I'll be telling the story through the records.

The Zoom event is FREE, but it does require registration via this link if you'd like to participate. If you love country music, bluegrass, rockabilly, western swing, doo-wop, Al Hawkes, and/or Maine (and who doesn't?!?), I think it'd be an hour of your time well spent! https://www.mainehistory.org/events/remembering-al-hawkes/



No comments:

Post a Comment