Monday, January 28, 2019

Nate Gibson & the Stars of Starday & Bear Family Records

It has been a while since I made my last Nate Gibson & the Stars of Starday update, as I was hoping to wait until everything was in production before posting again, but alas... I've got big news!!
Once the project was funded, I began calling around to CD manufacturing places all over the country, looking for someone who would be willing to print a 50+ page CD booklet. After all, I have lots of stories and photos to share. Alas, I couldn't find anybody who would print anything over 20 panels for a CD. So, I wrote to a friend of mine who works for Bear Family Records in Germany. I asked him who their printer was because every one of their products looks amazing! But rather than provide me with their printing sources, to my surprise, he asked me if Bear Family could release the CD. Whoa! And huzzah! And yes!
In my opinion, there is no finer musical product in the world than a Bear Family Records CD or Box and I'm excited to announce that Nate Gibson & the Stars of Starday will be released on CD by Bear with a full-color 56-page booklet. Huzzah! It is going to look and sound great! And not only does this mean that I can provide a better looking and better sounding package to those who selected a CD for their Kickstarter reward, it also means better world-wide distribution. And what's more, it means that I will be able to fulfill ALL of the Kickstarter flex goals!! With the money saved on CD production, I'm able to produce a fancier version of the double LP on colored vinyl with full-color inserts and also fund the editing of 12 separate music videos!!
I'm over the moon about all of this. For those of you who ordered a rewards package with a Nate Gibson & the Stars of Starday CD, I feel like you just hit the jackpot. You will love it! For those of you who ordered a rewards package with the Nate Gibson & the Stars of Starday LP, you just got a serious upgrade. And for those of you who selected a rewards package that did not include a Nate Gibson & the Stars of CD, but you really want one now that you know how amazing it will be, Bear Family is officially taking pre-orders: https://www.bear-family.com/various-artists-nate-gibson-and-the-stars-of-starday-cd.html
By clicking on that link above you'll be able to see the CD cover art and even sample 30 seconds from each track. But again, if your Kickstarter rewards package already includes a Nate Gibson & the Stars of Starday CD, you'll get this CD once it is ready!
OK. That's all for now. The Nate Gibson & the Stars of Starday custom Zippo lighter and birth certificate have been made. Custom marionettes have been ordered and shipped. Stars of Starday baseball cards by Topps have been printed. Lots of rewards are in stock and ready to ship. The artwork is near complete. The liner notes are near complete. I am targeting mid-April for a release date, but I will keep everyone updated once I get an official release date from the CD and LP pressing plants. 
Cheers and many thanks again for supporting Nate Gibson & the Stars of Starday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment