Sunday, October 28, 2018

Audio from 2011 Starday presentation at ARSC in UCLA Now Available

One of my favorite things to do is give conference and festival presentations about Starday Records. Last month I was kindly afforded an opportunity to talk about Starday Records at the New England Shake-Up (many thanks again to Beck Rustic and Sean Mencher!) and last week I spoke about Starday at the American Folklore Society in Buffalo, NY. I've been doing it now for seven years and I think I've gotten slightly better over the years, but if you'd like to hear a young me give my first ever conference presentation about the importance of Starday Records, the kind folks at the Association for Recorded Sound Collections were kind enough to upload my 2011 UCLA presentation here:


http://www.arsc-audio.org/conference/audio/ARSC_conf_2011_Gibson_audio.mp3


And if young me was at all able to convince you of the significance of Starday, perhaps old me can also convince you to support the Nate Gibson & the Stars of Starday Kickstarter!



Details here: http://kck.st/2OVxC0t

No comments:

Post a Comment